How to Zip (compress) a File in Mac OS X
- Click "Finder" and locate the file or files that you want to zip. To select multiple items, hold the “Command” key on your keyboard as you click on the items.
- Right-click your highlighted files and select "Compress" to launch "Archive Utility" and zip the files. If you zip a single file, the archive file will retain the original file name with a ".zip" file extension. If you zip multiple files, the resulting compressed file will be called "Archive.zip."
- Change your ZIP file name if "Archive" is insufficient. Retain the ".zip" file extension.
- Special Note: Archive Utility" is in your Mac OS X's "/System/Library/CoreServices" folder. Open "Archive Utility," click the "Archive Utility" icon and select "Preferences" to change where zipped and unzipped files are saved.
How to Zip Files on Windows 7
- Put the all the photos into one file that you want to send
- Right-click the file or folder you want to zip.
- Click "Send to." A context menu will appear to the right of the mouse pointer.
- Click "Compressed (zipped) folder." A folder with a zipper on the right side of it will appear on the screen. If you zipped a large amount of files, a progress bar will appear on the screen, displaying the status of zipping the files. When the progress bar disappears, the new .zip file will appear.
- Right-click the file and select "Rename." Type the name for the .zip file and press "Enter."
How to send your photos as an attachment
- Click on "Compose" to write a new email.
- Click on the icon to attach a file. This icon appears as a paperclip symbol in most email programs. After you click on the icon to attach a file a box will pop up onto your screen.
- Browse the information on your computer my clicking on the folder that contains the file that you would like to attach. When you find the needed file, click on it and then click on "open." This will start the process of attaching the file to your outgoing email message.
- Read the directions on your computer screen. It will most likely say that the file was attached successfully.
- Write the text of your email, insert your recipient's email address and then click on "send."
Please don't hesitate to call or email us if you have any problems or questions on how to do this.